Clean Review, 240 capsules, 800 mg
Let's just say this up front: Talking about your intestines and colon is not pretty. However, it is an important part of human physiology. With that said, let's jump right in.
The moment a piece of food is placed in your mouth, your body starts producing enzymes to digest it. As the food travels down to the stomach, larger molecules are "downsized". They become smaller and easier for the stomach to digest.
When the food lands in the stomach, several different chemical and enzyme mixtures begin to take action; hydrochloric acid and pepsin is one example of these mixtures.
From the stomach the nutrients head for the intestines. This is where it really gets exciting.
The small intestine (approx. 22 ft. long) extracts nutrition from food and prepares the rest for elimination. If the "villi" (tiny finger-like nubs lining the intestinal wall) get coated with excess mucous - created by eating too much of the wrong foods - our bodies can't absorb the proper nutrients. Thus, some nutrients are scooted away into the colon and beyond, along with the body's natural waste products.
Your intestinal system harbors around 15 pounds of bacteria. Some of it is friendly and some is not. Our ancestors believed that spring-cleaning included the colon.
- Bentonite: known for its ability to adsorb a variety of complex molecules.
- Psyllium Seed Husk: supports normal bowel function, binds with cholesterol-rich bile in the small intestine, and facilitates the removal of bile from the body.
- Apple Pectin: increases fecal bile excretion.
- Diatomaceous Earth: used to remove enteroviruses and other contaminants from water.
- Wheat Grass: soothes mucous membranes.
- Chamomile Flower: soothing, reduces uncomfortable feelings associated with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cascara Sagrada Bark: supports normal colon function.
- Buckthorn Bark: supports normal colon function.
- Ginger Root: promotes the secretion of saliva and gastric juices.
- Marshmallow Root: when combined with water, marshmallow root forms a protective gel, which soothes and protects tissue.
- Golden Seal: stimulates the immune system.
- Gentian Root: increases secretion of saliva and digestive juices.
- Rhubarb Root: supports normal colon function.
- Acidophilus: part of natural flora, acidophilus inhibits pathogens by altering the pH through organic acid production.
Clean Review� is a synergistic formula supporting intestinal health and is available in a 240 count bottle. As with all their products, Highland Laboratories uses only the highest quality ingredients.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings per Container: 240
Proprietary Blend contains: Bentonite, Psyllium Husk (Plantago asiatica), Apple Pectin (Malus domestica), Diatomaceous Earth, Wheat Grass (Triticum aestivum), Chamomile Flower (Matricaria recutita), Cascara Sagrada Bark (Frangula purshiana), Buckthorn Bark (Rhamnus frangula), Ginger Root (Zingiber officiale), Marshmallow Root (Althea officinalis), Butternut Bark (Juglans cinerea), Golden Seal Root (Hydrastis canadensis), Gentian Root (Gentiana lutea), Rhubarb Root (Rheum officinale), and Lactobacillus acidophilus
Other ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose (preservative-free, from capsule shell), Magnesium Trisilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Silica
** Daily Value has not been established.
Contains NO soy, yeast, lactose, egg, sugar, or preservatives.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement for adults, take 6 capsules upon rising and 6 capsules before bedtime, with 8 oz. of water or juice.
Start with 2 capsules in the morning and 2 in the evening, and increase weekly to 6 capsules in the morning and 6 in the evening.
Additional liquid intake is required when taking this product.
Additional liquid intake is required when taking this product. Not for use during pregnancy.
As always, consult your physician before taking supplements, especially if you have a medical or psychiatric condition, or are pregnant or lactating.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Usually ships the same business day.