Click to enlarge image(s)
Garlic (Odorless), 120 softgels, 500 mg
Garlic, Allium Sativum, a natural antioxidant: prevents heart disease, atherosclerosis and stroke, treats mild high blood pressure, lower total cholesterol, protects liver.
Free of all common allergens | Vegetarian | Standardized herb
Garlic (allium sativum) has been used by mankind for health enhancement for centuries. One of the earliest known reference to garlic as a medication is found in the Ebers Papyrus dating from the 15th century B.C., an Egyptian archaeological artifact listing 22 remedies using garlic. Other ancient writings from Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, Phoenicia, India and China reveal garlic's integral place in man's medicinal wisdom of herbs and spices from ages past. Today garlic is recognized by many conventional and alternative health care providers as truly important herbal medicine. Garlic is related to the onion, scallion and other plants in the genus Allium. The entire plant is odoriferous, but the strongest aroma is concentrated in the bulb. The bulb is also the site of garlic's strong flavor and primary active constituents.
Most of garlic's medicinal benefits are derived from the more than 100 sulfur compounds it contains. When the bulbs are crushed or chewed aliin, one of these sulfur compounds, becomes allicin the chemical responsible for the odor and believed to be one of the main health giving ingredients. Our Garlic is odor controlled and is available in vegetarian tablets that yield 4mg of allicin each.
- Has been shown to lower total cholesterol, LDL, or "bad," cholesterol and triglycerides, and increase HDL cholesterol, the so-called "good" cholesterol.
- Supports overall health of the circulatory system
- Functions as an antioxidant
- Shown to be useful in treating mild high blood pressure in both animal and human studies
- Garlic's active components allicin and alliin may have anti-infective effects against bacteria and fungi
- Has been reported to inhibit Helicobacter pylori, a bacteria that is linked to peptic ulcers
- May help with the detoxification of heavy metals from the body
- Certain types of aged garlic have been reported to protect the liver from potentially harmful chemicals and drugs
Garlic can also be found in Supplement Spot?s Healthy Cholesterol, which is a finely tuned formula of herbal extracts that assist in combating high cholesterol without the cost and nauseating side effects of statin drugs.
|Garlic (as Garlic Oil)
|Other ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose.
Typical dosage is 400-500 mg of standardized Garlic (yielding 4-6 mg of allicin), two to three times daily.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using Garlic.
- Garlic may cause the presence of garlic odor, and stomach/intestinal distress or irritation may be present at the beginning of use. Talk to your health care practitioner if these symptoms become severe or do not go away.
- Consult your health practitioner prior to using Garlic if you are taking anti-coagulant or antihypertensive medications.
Usually ships the same business day.