Click to enlarge image(s)
Niacin (no flush), 120 vegicaps, 300 mg
Flush Free Niacin (also known as Vitamin B3 or Niacinamide): supports healthy cholesterol balance and circulatory function, blood sugar balance, skin health, healthy heart and joint function.
Free of most common allergens | Vegetarian | For cholesterol health
Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3 or Niacinamide, it is heat stable and water soluble. It was first discovered when scientists were looking for the cause of pellagra. It is absorbed in the small intestine and excreted in the urine. The human body uses niacin in more than 50 chemical reactions. It is needed by the body to extract energy from fat, carbohydrate and protein. It is a natural cholesterol regulator, and often works as well as prescription medications for persons with mild cholesterol problems. This formula uses nicotinic acid, the form of niacin that has shown promise in lowering LDL levels of cholesterol. Like all members of the B family, niacin plays a role in energy metabolism. Our Flush Free Niacin uses niacin from inositol hexanicotinate. Inositol hexanicotinate functions as niacin, but does not cause the flushing, tingling and itching effects common with use of standard niacin, many people find these side effects to be uncomfortable. Inositol hexanicotinate consists of niacin molecules surrounded that is bound to inositol, it is slowly meta-bolized by the body, releasing niacin over a period of time. In clinical tests, it has been found to be more effective than niacin to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- May support healthy cholesterol balance and circulatory function
- May support healthy blood sugar blance
- May support a healthy mood
- Needed for healthy production of hydrochloric acid and secretion of bile and stomach fluid
- May support skin health
- Important to the health of all tissue
- Important nutrient for healthy heart function
- Involved with other B vitamins in the production of cellular energy
- Necessary for the healthy manufacture of sex and adrenal hormones
- May support healthy joint function
Niacinamide can also be found in Supplement Spot?s Healthy Cholesterol, which is a finely tuned formula of herbal extracts that assist in combating high cholesterol without the cost and nauseating side effects of statin drugs.
|Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate)
|Niacin (as inositol hexanicotinate)
|Chromium (as chromium amino acid chelate)
|Other ingredients: Rice powder, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, cellulose.
The RDA for Niacin is 13-18 mg per day.
- Do not exceed recommended dosages, excessive amounts of B3 can cause serious health problems, including liver toxicity
- Check with your health care practitioner if you have any of the following: diabetes, low blood pressure, glaucoma, gout, liver disease, ulcers or a bleeding disorder prior to using Niacin.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner before taking Niacin
Usually ships the same business day.